As some of you know, I’ve been in the process of evaluating two job offers. One from my current employer, Sun, and the other from eBay. Its getting down to decision making time. At this point, all I’m waiting for is to have the respective offers on paper, in my hands before I formally make any announcements.
No matter what happens here, I will definitely say this: I’ve learned alot through this process. Its taught me what companies value in their employees, and what they are, and are not willing to do to retain that value. Furthermore, I’m now even more convinced that being completely upfront with everyone concerned in this has put me in a better position overall, and allowed me to maintain my professional and personal integrity in the process. I realize that doesn’t make any sense, but until they end of this decision making process (hopefully, within the next couple days), to say more would put one or both offers (and in the process, me) at risk. I should be able to post more here once this is all behind me, and I’ve made my selection.